February 26, 2020 - 8:30am to 4:30pm
Add to Calendar
Mohawk College, Stoney Creek Campus, Room A105, 481 Barton Street, Stoney Creek, L8E 2L7
The “Emotional Intelligence” training course offered by MCE utilizes brain-based research to explore Emotional Intelligence and its implications.
80% of the employee’s success comes from their Emotional Intelligence (Saini 2018).
The “Emotional Intelligence” training course offered by Mohawk College Enterprise utilizes brain-based research to explore Emotional Intelligence and its implications.
Participants will evaluate their current emotions and feelings and their impact on their personal and professional lives.
They will apply proven neuroscience perspectives, such as neuroplasticity and mirror neurons to improve their emotional competencies and further excel in their career.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to;
- Assess Emotional Intelligence in the context of brain-based research.
- Develop emotional intelligence skills through the lens of Daniel Goleman’s Four Domains
- Match the principles of emotional intelligence to key leadership competencies.
- Apply emotional intelligence to develop personal and team leadership resulting in an increase in organizational effectiveness.
- Emotional Intelligence and Brain-based perspectives
- Relationship between Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Cognition (IQ)
- The Business Case for Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Competencies (Personal Competence, Social Competence)
- Emotional Intelligence Skills (Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Self-Motivation, Social Awareness, Relationship Management)
- When/how to apply Emotional Intelligence